Byotrol delivers significantly improved performance in a whole range of hygiene environments.
The initial focus for deployment of the technology has been in food production, agriculture and healthcare where there is an obvious and very significant need. Byotrol products in combination with robust and systematic hygiene procedures have been proven to deliver game-changing performance.
At Monroe Hospital, opened in Bloomington Indiana in October 2006, there has never been a recorded case of hospital acquired MRSA, C.difficile or the VRE super bug. James Ballard, Director of Infection Prevention is clear the Byotrol technology has been central to this success. It has allowed Monroe to become a hospital that is proactively preventing infection rather than reacting to it once it has occurred.
Byotrol is very flexible:-
- It can be formulated with other surfactants and cleaning ingredients.
- It can be used in a wide range of delivery formats (foams, sprays, creams etc).
- It is stable at high temperatures.
- It maintains performance over several years (very long shelf life).
- It is stable across a wide range of viscosities and Ph.
- It is Regulator friendly (familiar, well tested ingredients).
- It is highly tolerant of colorants & perfumes.
- It is non hazardous even at high “Strength” dilute 1:50.
Byotrol has a series of new research and development programs for the technology that they believe will form the basis of exciting new developments.
They are working with the University of Florida to look at the effect of Byotrol in controlling several highly contagious and damaging crop pests. At the University of Erlangen in Germany they are formulating a range of personal care products (soaps, mousse, sprays) containing Byotrol that could be used in the developing world to improve personal health, prevent the spread of disease and save lives. They are also formulating ranges of general cleaners and sanitisers that could improve hygiene in the home. In South Africa, they have run tests to examine the role Byotrol could play in protecting food.